What is a Stomach Virus?
- There are many viruses (the latest is Norovirus) that can cause what many people call the “stomach flu”.
- These “tummy germs” can:
- make you throw up
- make you sick to your stomach
- make your tummy hurt
- take away your energy
- give you a fever
- Tests are not needed to tell your doctor you have these germs
- The best medicine is rest and drinking lots of fluid (Pedialyte for young children and Gatorade for older children)
- Culturelle a (probiotic) can give you good germs to put in your tummy and help the diarrhea
How to Keep a Stomach Virus Away
- Wash your hands after going to the bathroom
- Keep your hands away from your mouth
If you work to keep the germs away you can usually beat the stomach virus germs.
Contact us (859-647-6700) for more information!
The Whole Child Pediatrics provides pediatric primary care that helps children thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally. We give our patients and their families one-on-one, personal, and comprehensive evidence-based medical care. We serve the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area and have hospital privileges at St. Elizabeth South, St. Elizabeth West,and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
>> Learn More